Friday 1 March 2013

FIRST DAY OF THE BIG PROMOTION

 
 
So, I officially got the promotion about 6 weeks ago, and have already been "doing" large chunks of the job, but today it is OFFICIAL. I feel so happy, excited, grown-up and bloody important... watch me strut.... look at my crown :)
 
It's a big achievement actually, just short of 3 years ago, I had a break down of sorts, after about 6 month to a year of slowing sliding into a deep depression. My work was suffering, my life was suffering. I felt so helpless and hopeless. I hated my job.
 
I remember getting on me knees at the Easter service that year and begging God to rescue me. I promised to do whatever it took, whatever God needed of me, I just needed my life to change.
 
This came in the shape of a weeping breakdown at work, my very considerate boss suggested a change of position - a demotion of sorts, but without a pay cut. I was so grateful, and through tears agreed. Over the next 2 months I worked so hard, both at home and at work. Personally I returned to therapy, started my meds again - with a lot of help from my friends, one in particular who urged me to push through when the meds made me constantly nauseous - asking me if deep despair was preferable to nausea. The handover of position took 2 months, I had to do a lot to basically sort out the mess of samples and notes that I understood but that wasn't ok to leave someone with.
 
It was the best thing that could have ever happened.
 
Over the last 3 years, I've been nestled in a supportive department, with incredible mentors. I've mentioned the coaching from last year in previous posts. I am strong now, and confident. And I have my old position back, in a way, but it's SO MUCH BIGGER NOW!
 
Here's to the future :)

No comments:

Post a Comment