Tuesday 11 June 2013

A Touch of the Vapors


wooz·y (wz, wz)
adj. wooz·i·er, wooz·i·est
1. Dazed or confused.
2. Dizzy or queasy.
 
I've spent the last three days sleeping, eating and feeling woozy. Waves of head spins. I can only think that the antibiotics are doing a number on my stomach, and the pain combined with painkillers are making my head spin. I don't think I need to explain how annoying it is to feel like you might collapse on the way to the toilet? As much as I enjoy snapping my fingers and having things done for me.... I would prefer to look after myself.
 
Fortunately I get dizzy, I don't faint. I feel the cold prickles all over my skin, feel my stomach spin and then sit down. I don't drop to the ground in a dead swoon. I do go deathly pale though. I don't know if this is the weird way that my body deals with pain recently? I did my fair share of woozy while getting acupuncture earlier this year. I don't think I blogged about that? But I'd go into a queasy, white, dizzy spell when the needles released too much tension. It wasn't pretty.
 
Anyway, this is just an update on my recovery. I'm glad that I only have to go back to work on Thursday, I took a very wobbly walk to the shops that didn't bode well.... Brother says I weave alarmingly....

No comments:

Post a Comment