Wednesday 11 June 2014

Faux Romance #100creativedays Day 49

Great title.
Now for content...

Internet dating, I know you like to read about that. OK, so, claiming that I need content for my writing and even more bizarre stories, I launched back into online dating and added a nifty match making app to the mix. I use the word nifty in jest, its plain bizarre. I'm not going to name sites as I neither wish to promote nor criticize.

Anyway, these guys! Seriously, has Hollywood not made it clear that serial killers lurk around every corner? Didn't I mention my obsession for crime shows? A marathon of "Criminal Minds" taught me more than enough about real life. That said - why would a man suggest that a girl come over to his house for the initial meet? Crime scenarios aside, I'm afraid I may be greeted by said man draped in a shorty kimono with Barry White crooning in the background. Or maybe he's only asked me round to babysit the twins while he goes on a real date....

Then we have the super lonely hearts... How many times can you mention your ex in one conversation? What? She left you at the alter? Please tell me all... Yes I'm a great listener.... Not.
I've just drifted off into a fantasy of popping a laxative into any offenders coffee... But the considerate lad might gas me with stench rather than skip out on a free therapy session.

I've also come across a new breed of "sorta single"... Do I look like I want your crazy girlfriend phoning me? I already have a stranger trying to dictate my access to a guy friend. I don't share well, nor do I deal well with other peoples issues of trust and integrity.

Hope you had a chuckle. ;) more venting another time

Xxx

1 comment: