Sunday 3 August 2014

"Don't dream it... Be it"

Went to Rocky Horror at The Fugard tonight - it was outstanding! 

I went last year in November with my family and boyfriend at the time. Maybe it was parental presence at a musical with adult content - my ex got rather prudish. I suppose I worried about my parents too - the live show with audience participation encourage is far racier than I remember the movie being! 

The opportunity came up to join a group of friends in seeing this sell out show again. This time I went all out. Our group basically filled a row and everyone of us had gone all out! Being in costume just elevated my enjoyment of the show. Was an amazing night!

I teased my hair, threw on an old black shirt (courtesy of The Squire), tights, boots, with a homemade apron and cap to finish off my Magenta outfit. I rocked the heck put of my costume - and it didn't cost me a cent to make.

In the words of Dr Frank-N-Furter : "Don't dream it, be it"

No comments:

Post a Comment