Wednesday 28 September 2011

I'll join your cult!

With three good drinking evenings left before Sober October... I found myself hovering around the wine section of PnP... as one does before leaving loved ones for a month: reassuring the gorgeous bottles that I would be back... in November.


Whilst hovering (lurking?), I made a gorgeous, extremely yummy discovery, in Cloof's recently released Cabernet Cult wine, the label says its all:


“How would it be if a wine left the winery exactly as Mother Nature intended? No made-up coffee flavours. No stories about the grapes being crushed between the thighs of a red-haired virgin. No ageing in oak barrels from the other side of the earth. And definitely no recommendations to drink it with fish or pasta.

Cabernet Cult - for the wine critic inside every one of us. It will impress our friends because they enjoy drinking it, not because of a five-star rating by a dude we've never met (which is how $100 cult wines are created by fancy-pants marketers).

Join the Cult... a new kind of cult cabernet.”

Read more here: http://cloof.co.za/News/tabid/85/EntryId/115/A-New-Kind-of-Cult-Cabernet.aspx


Just what I'd expect from the farm who hosts Rocking The Daisies every year! (no, I'm not going... well unless I win tickets...)


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment