Monday 8 July 2013

Where's The Baby?

Last Friday, as I was elegantly bending to open my garage door, my downstairs neighbour approached me. After a few pleasantries, she launched into her question:

"Where is the baby?"

With a mixture of horror and astonishment, I stared wide eyed at her, mouthing the word "baby".

"You've had the baby," gestures towards my stomach, "I said to my husband, she must have had the baby, but we don't hear it crying."

I reply that I did not, in fact, have a baby, nor had I been pregnant. That the fact of the matter is that I'd lost 9kg.

Without missing a beat, she replies "You were very big, I was waiting for my baby, we thought you'd given it away...."

my baby?
Given it away?

I guess this is just the flip side of the pregnancy accusations.... I look like I've birthed my fat....

If for some reason you haven't read about the pregnancy accusations - Pregnant?

I must say I was somewhat flattered that my hard work was so noticeable.... but GOLLY???

4 comments:

  1. Oh dear! People can be so insensitive sometimes...tut tut tut. I am happy to note however that you do take it with a pinch of salt (and humour). I think it makes a hilarious blogpost :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I can do it chalk it up to another story, hey?
      What's an experience worth if you can't write about it?

      Delete
  2. Sharon, you are seriously hilarious! I admit that although at the time it must have been awful trying to explain that the baby was thrown out with the carbs and wine, I am laughing so much right now. Thanks for making my day! Looking forward to seeing your skinny bitch hot self :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!
      We do need to catch up again... in a low fat manner of course ;)

      Delete