Monday 29 July 2013

... it's not over yet

 
I've been trying to write for days, I can only think that maybe I haven't tried at all... because clearly I haven't posted anything?
 
I've let myself get into a little funk... maybe PMS? Maybe Winter? Maybe I'm just full of crap? Brother has been on stage 3 of Dukan all of July, so he gets to munch veggies everyday, gets cheat meals, gets to eat fruit... and still lost MORE weight. I think I got jealous, I started to sneak glasses of wine here and there... shrugged and took a slice of cake. Nothing in the way of a full cheat meal, but I've become complacent. It is not good. It does no good for my body or my spirit. I feel guilty. Someone told me yesterday that the righteous do not lose their righteousness in God, but sin slows them down. Although cheating on my diet isn't a sin against God, it is me breaking promises with myself. I fortunately haven't gained any weight, but the loss seems slow. I promise, I'm not going to wallow about it... I've lost 12kg now, but I need the discipline. I need to feel in control. I need to see this journey to the end - if there is an end.
 
Thanks for all the encouragement, please don't stop, I'm only 60% to my goal....
 
Another thought I want to leave you with, or that I want to leave myself with... I'm not sure. But:
 
What are you so afraid of? Are you afraid of success? of happiness? of the life meant for you? what do you lose by trying?
Seriously Sharon?
Seriously?
 
*clearly there's more going on in my head than weight-loss... more about that when I'm ready
 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment