Wednesday 26 June 2013

CART HORSE

This post has nothing to do with horses... other than the fact that I feel like my car is a very sick, lame cart horse... and it's high time that he went to "the farm".

I'm at my wits end - I should have let them write off my Uno when I crashed it. The excess was over 3 grand. And now my car is back in hospital with a host of issues that may or may not have something to do with hitting the engine end into another car. My mechanic seemed to think the engine may have shifted due to the accident, so I phoned my insurance, then he changed his mind. Cue me throwing my hands dramatically into the air. This is bound to be more thousands. I neeeeeed to sell this car. I need to bite the bullet and buy a very young car. The poor Uno is 19 years old, and has been mine for over 8 years.

He's been pretty abused while living with me. Not always by me. Twice he's been damaged by people trying to steal him. I've crashed him once into a car. Early on I spun him twice (no damage to him, just to my nerves). I managed to drive very hard into a raised yet grass-concealed drain and bashed a hole in the gear box (that was 8 years ago and I haven't lived it down). He's run out of petrol, he's dropped pieces of brake, his central locking has been temperamental, once his windows wouldn't open. Far too many people in my life have pushed him. Once he rolled into a garden (more serious than it sounds). He's carted the sick and the drunk. Once I fell asleep in the front seat, in my parking bay after a long night out. He's been filled with balloons, sprinkled with sea sand, I've laughed and sung along with the radio, I've balled my eyes out on to his steering wheel. I've changed his spark plugs myself and avoided changing his tires.

I need to end off now, I'm feeling pretty emotional. How do I let go?

3 comments:

  1. Dear Sharon,

    Maybe this may help.

    I always say as in case with exes. Remember the memories let go of the person in your case the car. What you share is a part of you and will be with you wherever you go and think upon that car. The car itself is the trigger so maybe rip up come carpet or steal a bit of plastic and let that be your new trigger if memories don't feel like enough. Let is be know I don't keep bits of exes. :D

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *snort*
      I've seen your box of hair-clippings and underpants.....

      Delete
  2. I feel your pain, although mine is an 1986 model(before I was born) she is a real character.
    One day she is a ferrari, the next well a Cart Horse, she decides on the mood she wants to have and the amount of petrol she wants to guzzle for the ride.

    I want to get a new, fresh looking sexy lady... unfortunately that means I must find a new, fresh looking sexy job... not all that easy for a 22 year old.

    My boyfriend said though that when we marry, he will trade in his sexy young Mazda and get us 2 cars... YAY for that day lol.

    ReplyDelete