Saturday 8 June 2013

Tiding From Your Puffy Queen

Hey hey

My wisdom's surgery was actually a breeze. I am not extremely puffy and only have a tiny bruise on my cheek, although seeing as it only just appeared, I presume that there are more to come. Pain has been manageable, they don't leave you high and dry without drugs.

I've kept to my bed, I do feel pretty tired and found walking around too much made me a bit dizzy. I've been eating pumpkin soup (Dukan approved), Ultra Mel Zero (OMG delish), jelly, and yoghurt. I've also been drinking Coke Zero - they give me Coca Cola in the hospital, apparently it helps your mouth to heal? I'm not complaining, it's a break from water. I was so thirsty after my surgery, I demanded water and drank about 1.5 litres before leaving hospital. They  intubate you through your nose during surgery, so the throat take quite a hit. Honestly it was more "my throooooat" when I woke up than "my faaaaace"! I've regained all feeling back in my face which is good, there is a tiny risk of nerve damage with this procedure and no one wants a numb face for life! My jaw seems good too, so no damage there. You have to sign a waver before surgery basically accepting any complications relating to surgery and anaesthesia.

My anaesthetist was amazing, I explained the previous emotional factor and he made sure that he gave me the right balance of drugs so that it wore off faster. So no crying, I was just bossy and I was very up and about soon.

I actually couldn't be happier with how things turned out. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.

Just a plug for the hospital and Doctors:
I went to Christiaan Barnard, Dr Singh was my maxillofacial surgeon and Dr Kessow was my anaesthetist. Both the loveliest men!


Right after surgery

who says hospital food isn't yum?

I got my teeth back!
Looking pretty good today, hey?

No comments:

Post a Comment