Wednesday 5 June 2013

constantly needing.....

.... food (ok, maybe just today)
..........motivation (more and more)
..... love

I've had another sort of grumpy, hungry day... oh wait.... we call that a protein day?

I had a meeting and lunch on the other side of Cape Town, which was lovely, but I feel very tired. I'm now killing time at work until it's time to go to Biblestudy. Is it ok that I just want my bed? Oh, wait, I'm leading Biblestudy.... how did that happen? I've honestly forgotten my notes at home so need to wing it a bit, I do at least have a Bible in my bag ;)

Oh, you want to know what I had for lunch? Steak, and admittedly nibbled on the side salad to look more socially acceptable. I'm sure Dr Dukan would forgive me.
Why am I hungry you ask? Because I didn't have my carefully timed snacks today, I function well with snacks.

My head feels sore and my body aches, I feel so disjointed, like I'm trying to communicate with the world through water.... I'm a mermaid mouthing in a tank and you just scowl, confused, back at me.
I'm exhausted from small talk and too much exercise. Or is that too little exercise? My neck aches. My jaw hurts. Maybe all the tension I seem to be carrying again?

I did have a big wash of love earlier, a sunbeam on a tiring day. I saw an old friend, her 2 year old reached out for me. I held her in my arms as she twirled her fingers in my hair. I felt so happy. How do I keep that feeling all day?

Relax I guess and just keep going?


No comments:

Post a Comment