Tuesday 26 March 2013

I see London, I see France, I see....


On my UK trip last year, I stayed with 5 different families (essentially). I've been fortunate enough, in the last seven months, to have the one family move back to CT, two of the families come visit (technically a third were here but I missed out of seeing them!) and the final family are coming to visit for Christmas! I feel very blessed and feel no need to travel outside of South Africa this year.

The trip really changed my life, opened my eyes and gave me a confidence I thought I'd lost. My parents have never been overseas - my dad is a bit of a home body, so I'm working on my mom. I'm pretty determined that we will go to Europe in July / August next year. A dear friend moved to Lyon close on four months ago - so we have someone to visit in France. We have people in London and Scotland. I'm sure we could bunk down somewhere in Amsterdam, or Prague, Italy or Spain.... *drifts into a daydream*

This REALLY needs to happen.....

No comments:

Post a Comment