Tuesday 19 March 2013

Crash-Boom-Bang

“Once there was this kid who
Got into an accident and couldn't come to school
But when he finally came back
His hair had turned from black into bright white
He said that it was from when
The car had smashed so hard”

                                         - Crash Test Dummies

I got into an accident yesterday on the way to work. It wasn’t bad in the mangled metal and bruises kind of way… more like the car that I rear ended still worked… and I was stuck in the intersection with a dead car… and obviously it was raining… me and a broken car, in the rain… a tad cliché now – ok maybe it only happened twice before. But rain does add a hideous melodrama to any mishap. Or is it me adding the melodrama? *throw hands in the air* It’s all about the story, dear reader!
Anyway, I’m in one piece, I’m insured…. And oh, how convenient…. I’m getting a salary bump at the end of the month… but, I also have a list of expenses… I did just buy a flat after all *sigh*

Let’s jump back 11 years to when I was 19, a poor student and learner driver…. When I wrote off my dad’s car, on a rainy night and both my parents landed up in hospital…. … That was a bad accident, and I really do think a part of me shattered that night…. I’m mostly put back together, but every so often a sharp edge tears at me a little bit, and I feel the fear…. Maybe that’s why I got such a huge fright yesterday, why I was bawling on the side of the road as if my heart was broken?

I think that’s all I want to say for now…. Everything will be ok, it always is….

 

1 comment:

  1. its okay to cry, it's okay to be vulnerable,thanks for the post good to know what happened x

    ReplyDelete