Monday 11 March 2013

Fighting For My Rights!

I haven’t blogged much about the stress we went through with buying – finding the flat was reasonably easy – the admin and drama afterwards….not so much. I stressed a lot. I’m still stressing.

I feel less “grown-up” now that I actually own property – probably because I feel smothered by the Body Corporate rules and the say they have in my life, our lives.  Literally 3 days after we got the keys, they had their AGM, we couldn’t attend, it was short noticed and we already had commitments (in my case, I was MC’ing the end of year function). At this meeting they decided to increase the levies by 40%.... yeah…. FORTY… apparently they hadn’t increased the levies in years… lucky us. We could stomach that, but then they asked for R15-20k as a special levy – with no set due date. This is pretty insane when we are still working on the flat, lusting after wooden coffee tables and new light fittings. You get the idea…

Then to top it off, contrary to the rules, they turned down my request for a kitten – keep in mind that when we bought the flat, the previous owners had 3 cats! I was shattered. I NEED a small furry companion. I spend 4 years living in a building where all pets were outlawed, only to have my request turned down in an (apparently) pet friendly block. Seriously! I’d already picked out my gorgeous grey kitten…. I was a home visit and a few hundred buck away from my very own, just mine, little furry friend.

We’ve set up a meeting with the BC for tomorrow, so I’m hoping that I can control my desire to physically attack…. I want my kitten! If I don’t convince them tomorrow…. I might need your support in picketing….

No comments:

Post a Comment