Wednesday 6 March 2013

BLERGH BELLY


I have a bug... or something.... I took a sick day yesterday, finished reading "Mirror Mirror" by Gregory Maguire, read the whole of "The Importance of Being Married" by Gemma Townley... and groaned a lot.
I came to work today because I felt the weight of responsibility... but mostly because I was ploughing through my new books too fast. I also felt a bit lonely...
Today was not amazing - my body hurt, my head hurt, my tummy hurt.... so why did I go to work? Was it really the responsibility, or the books? No, deep down, it's because I have plans tonight and knew that I couldn't play with my friends if I didn't go to work.... will I ever grow up?

I get a sore tummy a lot, like more than most people. Wheat isn't my friend (which probably makes my diet of salticrax today counter productive?), depression hurts and swells my stomach, my antidepressants mess with my stomach, nerves mess with my stomach, happiness messes with my stomach, sadness messes with my stomach, sometimes alcohol is good, sometime bad... people rub my tummy - mostly to congratulate me on the baby (grrrr, there isn't one!) or to tell me it's big, or like my tiny neighbour - to heal it.

I think all my emotions leak into my stomach, like poison.... it's always been like this.... first dates where I'm farting like crazy (thanks tummy), presentations where I'm sure I'm going to throw up, that Valentine's fight that literally made me throw up....

I also seem to catch bugs so easily.... like that summer where I got a 4 day gastro... I projectile threw up at my friend's wedding reception... best friend's wedding.... I was a bridesmaid.... I was mortified...
I've thrown up on my brother while he slept - ok we were very young, and it was on his Blanky.... i think he would have preferred it on him - the DRAMA over Blanky....

Don't get me started on the hangovers and nasty periods....
Not sure why I told you all this... but yeah, it's my blog, I'll over-share if I want to ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment