Saturday 1 October 2011

Dry Weekend(s) & Mocktails...

Looks to be a quiet weekend ahead... my cousin postponed our girly weekend together due to work - a likely story, I suspect that she just caught wind of my challenge and decided to wait a few weeks :P

Wasted some time last night researching Mocktail recipes online... some highlights:

- Seriously, surely "rum essence" is made of rum?
- Apparently combining pineapple juice, white grape juice and ginger ale = mock champagne??? *groan*
- Adding grenadine to any fruit juice makes it a Mocktail?
- "Mint Spinach Mocktail" is clearly a summer soup served in a glass, right?
- a "Julius" is a fruity milkshake (no comment), they come in peach and orange
- a "Purple Cow" is a synthetic grape Julius"

Bottomline... think I will stick to normal fruit juice.... :-/

2 comments:

  1. Lime & soda is the only virgin drink that doesn't rob you of your will to live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahhaa nice extreme statement Sean :) see my post about "Fancy Lemonade"... I guess that lime and soda is close enough to vodka lime?

    ReplyDelete