Monday 18 November 2013

A mess he don't wanna clean up

 
This has been a special song to me since it was released... I've often felt like a mess that no one wants to deal with... The lyrics resonate so much with me.

"I was staring at the sky, just looking for a star
To pray on, or wish on, or something like that"

 "Hunger hurts, and I want him so bad, oh it kills
'Cause I know I'm a mess he don't wanna clean up
I got to fold 'cause these hands are too shaky to hold"

"And I went crazy again today, looking for a strand to climb
Looking for a little hope"

 "I said, 'Honey, I don't feel so good, don't feel justified
Come on put a little love here in my void,' he said
'It's all in your head,' and I said, 'So's everything'"

I've been moody, sensitive, crazy for as long as I can remember. I take pills for that... but sometimes they don't hold back the crazy. Like when I'm tired, or stressed... or the PMS monster takes over. Gosh, I really feel like a different person in my misery.

I think I should just listen to Fiona Apple for the rest of the day... she understands.

No comments:

Post a Comment