Thursday 14 June 2012

Coach not Couch…

Yesterday I had my first session with my coach. It’s work and personal life coaching, a mentoring of sorts, if you will. This is a work initiative which we could choose to participate in. We had a few options of potential “coach” and I was very fortunately to get matched up with my first choice. I am quite sincerely fired up.

Seeing as I leave for the UK in 29 days, we set short term goals for me to achieve before my holiday – namely getting all my work admin done, which will involve me getting to work at least 30 minutes earlier and being more focussed. This should all help me to be less stressed and emotional… if that is possible?

I am feeling very positive about the whole initiate and really hope this is the beginning of some good changes in my work life, and frankly, personal life. I am always trying to improve! The point I am highlighting with my title is that this is coaching, not therapy – a more, get off your butt and DO IT approach.

Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment