Friday 15 June 2012

Read Me, Don't Steal Me


I recently stayed over at my parents’ house, where my brother also lives. I went into his room and noticed that he has a copy of “Food is Better Medicine than Drugs “ by Patrick Holford. I’ve been advised to read this book by a friend who said that it really worked for another friend. Brother was quite eager for me to read it too when I commented on it. However , he was quite insistent that I am a book thief and was not allowed to remove it from the house. I was spending the night and thought it a bit heavy for bed-time reading, and picked up “Never Hit a Jellyfish with a Spade” by Guy Browning. If you have never come across this book of witty “How to…” book, you really need to hunt down a copy.

After reading a few hilarious pages, I closed the book and went to sleep. The next morning I left the book on the coffee table – as per the “do not steal” rules set out by Brother. Imagine my surprise, the following day, when my mom pops by and pulls the book out of her bag, thinking I’d left it behind! I was tempted to hold on to it at that point, but fear the wrath of Brother.

I really do need to get my copy…

A quote from “How To… Swim”

“With breaststroke you can choose to do it either with your head out of the water or dipping under. If you choose to dip and you haven't come up after the third dip, the technical name for what you're doing is drowning.”





No comments:

Post a Comment