Monday 5 August 2013

Something Fishy Is Going On....

Wow, it’s been a whole week since I wrote a post? Last Monday I was so emotional and overwrought. I wrote a poem for goodness sake… I don’t write poetry… except weird five liners like:

Claire, Claire
It isn’t fair
You have straight hair
Do you even care
That I look like a bear?

Anyway, after feeling physically weak and horrid on top of being totes emosh… I took a look at my eating habits. Dukan is great, they list all kinds of seafood, which is great for getting your omegas in… except if you barely eat fish… because you can’t have the tartar sauce or crumbs. Omega oils are very important for mood, especially for someone managing depression. Omega oils are great for your skin… I have been BATTLING with eczema. And I don’t get eczema, I’m not that person… however I’ve had to avoid deodorant, try all kinds of remedies… with very little luck. Maybe it’s the oil? Maybe it’s the salt water I’ve been washing with (armpits being the HUGE issue for the last two weeks) – I’m almost healed, in the last two days.

I’m also feeling really strong now; I managed to climb Lion’s Head with relative ease yesterday – although I’ve been hobbling all day. To put it in context of how rarely I hike these days – anyone that asked assumed I was hobbling today because my skinny jeans were too tight! 

I will love and leave you now, promising to write. A very good looking and amazing fan recently said to me: “I’m glad that you posted this week, even if it was all emo” – so here’s to perkier posts in the future!

EAT FISH!

No comments:

Post a Comment