Tuesday 20 August 2013

SIMPLIFY.

We spend so much of our time playing games - not the fun kind that get our hearts racing or make us exclaim... "just one more level..." - the stupid kind. The kind that are basically lies.

I'm so sick of having to pretend that I don't like someone when my heart pounds when I see them. Sick of staring at my phone waiting for someone to call. Waiting, waiting for things to drop into my lap.

A friend of mine was recently upset because she felt like she couldn't just phone the guy she's seeing to say "What up dude?" - we should be able to do whatever we want to!

Don't kiss on the first date.
Make him ask you out first.
Don't say "I love you" first.
Don't act keen.
Don't phone first.
Don't.
Don't.
Don't.

We're grown-ups! Why follow the rules set down by crazy, bitter bitches? Why worry so much that we're not following the rules? Why not be true to yourself?

If I hug and kiss most of my friends, regularly call them gorgeous and tell them I love them.... why act like a cold blanket to someone I fancy? What if we were friends to start with?

Be honest!

The biggest turn on is when a man can confidently show and tell you that you matter. I'm not talking clingy, overwhelming, shallow drivel - A man once asked me to move in with him on the 2nd date because he thought that "that's what girls want to hear"... it's not.

I know a lot of people will disagree, but I think as an adult you / I should be able to express ourselves honestly?

In closing, this is a response to how freeing I've found it to just tell people that they matter, to just call when you think about them, to drop a sweet message - don't be held back.  Take a risk! It could really pay-off... believe me!

No comments:

Post a Comment