Monday 9 September 2013

Live Under The Line - Day 1

 
Commonground Church launched their "Live Under The Line" challenge today. I had meant to blog earlier, but things have felt tumultuous of late.

I have quite a few things on my mind, pretty much relating to every facet of my life - its hard to juggle.

I'm also sober for September.

Now add the fact that for three days I need to live on R10 per day for food... And I'm no carbs, high protein...

Today I ate:
1 hard boiled egg
1 mini yoghurt
3 portions of super thin veg soup

I can't "afford" tea and can't take hand outs...

Today has been difficult! I've missed my tea, I've felt hungry 99% of the day, I've felt distracted and I have NO scope for comfort eating... None. Not even a nibble of ham.

I savoured that apricot yoghurt... Gosh thinking about it makes me hungry...

I've also felt very cold, probably because my body doesn't really have any fuel to burn...

I feel very spoilt to actually have a home to dash into out of the cold. A hot honey and almond oil bubble bath to warm me before I curl up under my blankets. The irony is not lost on me.

More info on the event page https://www.facebook.com/events/341242766008713/

No comments:

Post a Comment