Monday 2 June 2014

The Point of Life #100creativedays Day 41

My toes are warm.
The air is scented with hot chocolate.
I'm feeling spiritually plugged in again.

This isn't going to turn into free verse - I have felt pretty crappy and down this weekend. Very on edge and vulnerable. I think it was two-fold: hormones and a spiritual disconnect.

Eckhart Tolle, in his book "A New Earth", describes sin as missing the mark, as an archer might miss a target, when we sin we miss the point of life. I excitedly told someone on Friday that I thought the point of life to be "love and creativity" - therefore, when I feel a desire to sin, that is be selfish, self-seeking, hedonistic... I miss the whole point. I do not share love, I do not create anything beautiful. Perfect love from our Creator needs to be shared, without agenda, for a perfect world. I got disconnected from the source and started to wither.

Maybe you think I've slugged back too much hot chocolate, or don't agree with my theory on life - these are my thoughts, my manifesto, you do not need to accept or reject what is mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment