Tuesday 4 August 2015

Happiness ; Day 66 #100daysofwriting

On Saturday night, sandwiched between two lovely friends and a cat too, I watched "Hector and the Search for Happiness" - it's a movie, it is life changing. The whole scenario made me pretty happy (and warm). Oh, "Hector" is based on the book by Francois Lelord - which I hope to read in the next few months (feel free to mail me a Takelot voucher....)               
              
Happiness really does seem to be something that we all want, but rarely find - probably because we are greedy and don't recognise it for what it is. I think of happiness as rather a sense of contentment, acceptance of life and it's circumstances. Am I a happy person? Yes, I actually think that I am. I do also live with depression, but as you should know, depression doesn't actually mean sad. And I suppose that happy doesn't actually mean never sad? Is this getting philosophical?
 
I've been very stressed and under pressure with work. I've been run down. BUT I'm not actually unhappy, I am tired and achy, not sad or dissatisfied.
 
Strangely with "happiness" on my mind the last few days, I came across this Brain & Heart cartoon. It really clicked for me - that most of the time we are literally afraid of being happy. Why do we want to deny ourselves happiness? It's not a hedonistic pursuit, it's pure. I've included Hector's findings below too.
 
Go, be happy xoxo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment