Tuesday 11 August 2015

Why does my cat hate me? : Day 76 #100daysofwriting

This isn't a profound veterinary article, this is me lamenting Arizona's recent neglect of me.

It is cold. I am needy. She sleeps on a cushion next to my bed now instead of with me. Right this minute I can hear her calling for Brother. What did I do?

I was between smart phones for a week and didn't post any photos of her... could it be that?

I've fed, watered, scooped and stroked. I spent many hours in bed being snuggly. Yet I'm neglected.

I came home tonight needing love and she refused to greet me. She'd rather lurk out in the cold than in my warm embrace.

She is almost two years old, could this be teenage rebellion? She would rather hang with her cool uncle than with her old clingy mom? *weeping*

Maybe I should have listened when she said she didn't want to watch reruns of Cougar Town. I tried to explain that second season of Stalker wasn't out yet. Is there even a second season?

Short of rubbing catnip behind my ears... I'm at my wits end... and perhaps exaggerating greatly...

Arizona! Love me again!

No comments:

Post a Comment