Monday 17 August 2015

Will You Go Out With Me? : Day 81 #100daysofwriting

Brother and I watched a movie called "Beautiful Creatures" last night. It's based on a series of young adult books, but the supernatural is the girl rather than the boy. Unfortunately the movie was not a hit at the box office so I'm not anticipating any sequels. Strangely enough we tend to love movies that get bad reviews.

I really identified with the girl - feeling like the freak with secrets. Call it cheesy but I really do struggle with the fear that I won't be accepted for who I really am.

The mortal boy did a great job of making the poor isolated supernatural girl feel wanted. With his small town Southern manners he woo'ed the heck out of her. Gosh I even swooned a little.

I'm taking a break from romance/dating/crushes/looking so I guess swooning over movies is a bit borderline but I really do like the idea of being pursued. Call this research into what is worthy of my  patience.

Loosely based on a conversation in the movie, this is how I reckon it should be.

Boy: Will you go out with me?

Girl: yes

Boy: Can we go to a movie on Friday?

Girl: No, I have a family thing

Boy: Then Saturday? Say yes!

Girl: Yes

Boy: Can I see you tomorrow?

Girl: Yes

At the risk of generalizing, I don't feel like I've really allowed anyone to woo me. I tend to just try and control everything... horrid right?

It also made me think of when I was about 10 and I'd older girl told me a boy had asked her to "go out" with him. I kept asking "When?" - I couldn't understand why a proper plan hadn't been made... I suppose I'm still like that... don't give me vague concepts, what's the plan?

No comments:

Post a Comment