Saturday 1 August 2015

Best Foot Forward : Day 65 #100daysofwriting

I'm lying lazily in my lounge window, lapping up the winter sun. Fully aware that I didn't write last night.

Loving the feeling of bare toes. I had a pedicure last week so my feet are looking Summer ready and adorable.

I've had a strange love affair with feet - mine and others. Not in the fetish for toes sucking kind of way - more like a hectic aversion.

I grew up thinking that feet were filthy and vile. I wouldn't touch someone else's feet or even have them near me. I definitely wouldn't let anyone touch my feet. I barely touched my feet! I'd apply lotion to the top of my feet and then rub them together. I was fine with toe nail care, usually after a good soak.

The idea of reflexology was repulsive and I refused to even think about a professional pedicure.

I'm not sure what changed but I went for a pedicure last year. A proper one, where a stranger files away at your hooves until your feet turn model worthy. It was the most caring and loving act ever. I'm so relieved that I did it. I now give my little feet more love and treat myself to a professional pedicure every few months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment