Tuesday 9 October 2012

SURVIVAL TIP: Wheat-Free Pizza



I must say, being wheat-free at a music festival is far more difficult than being sober!
I managed to find sushi and fries on the first day. Fortunately after lusting after pizza for the first day, I discovered that Butlers were offering wheat-free pizza! I did have to wait pretty long for my special order and it cost an extra R18... but it made a very tasty brunch :) Bacon, avo and feta of course!
Pizza was a bit expensive as a staple, so tried some chicken 'n rice, Mexican style.... again fries....

It might be wheat-free... but hardly healthy!

I had wheat-free pizza at Obz Cafe last night too - again, R20 extra. I wasn't too pleased to see that my pizza was practically half the size of a wheat pizza.... and more expensive?

Someone else mentioned to me today that junk food is becoming faster and cheaper to make, while healthy options are just increasing in price.... when will we be treated equally or even rewarded for making healthier choices?

I've been wheat-free for 9 days, most people don't understand why I am doing this, while others have already commented on my flatter stomach.... I suppose no one understood why I was vegetarian for 5 years either.... maybe it's just because I can? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment