Thursday 18 October 2012

I'll Tell You What I Want...


Excuse me Dear Reader, can you stop wiggling your hips while lip syncing Spice Girls....

On the 1st of September, a darling friend and I spent our Saturday night surrounded by magazines, glue and poster board... yes, we saw Spring in by making VISION BOARDS.

The idea is to make a collage of words and pictures illustrating "What I want", as in future goals and wants. In a way I did it for fun, but over the last 6 and a bit weeks I've seen that subconsciously I prioritised my goals. Certain things or there, but certain things are not...

Here's my board



Without breaking it down too much, I covered the following:
Healthy eating
Weight-loss
Exercise
Friendships
Love
God
Art
Work
Travel
Car
Good sleeping

AND HOUSE

Certain things are missing: studies and writing

So while me blogging is obviously writing, I'm not trying to get paid by writing, studying writing, or writing anything significant - ie a novel.
Studies are obviously not top of my mind either. Which makes me think it is not a big priority right now.

Home owning is front and centre, and I think we all know it is TOP GOAL at the moment! Probably worth mentioning that Brother and I had decided to start flat hunting just the night before.

Healthy eating and weight-loss, while not being necessarily focused on, I've changed by diet by cutting out wheat and alcohol this month... and loss 2kg.


I'm trying to enjoy work, dress colourfully and keep quoting "Try to value your own opinions and celebrate your successes, however small" - all inspired by the board

A good start I think!!!


I'd really recommend making a board and keeping it somewhere that you will see it daily - It's great to have a reminder of "What I Want".

Good luck kids

xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment