Monday 1 October 2012

Day 1 and I could care less....

      "Jumping up and down the floor,  
            my head
                    is an animal"

"Dirty Paws" - Of Monsters & Men


I have so much on my mind, little of it to do with alcohol or wheat. I guess that a pizza and a glass of wine would probably give me the illusion of more clarity, but let's not fail before we're even begun.

My brother and I have decided to buy a flat together - It feels like the most daunting thing I have ever considered. We haven't been looking for long, and have only viewed two properties. It feels like online dating, and more than once, let's say 4 out of 5 times, I've made contact with a realtor and then freaked out and cancelled the meeting because I didn't like the flat's profile picture.... or address.... cautious or shallow? Who knows?

Flat #1 looked super sexy in his profile picture and we seemed to like all the same things... gas hobs, apple green tiles, built in book selves... but Oh Man.... was he lacking in the bedroom department *chuckle*

Flat #2 admitted that he was rough around the edges, but was ample in the bedroom department... however; his cooking and personal hygiene left a lot to be desired. I'd have to completely mould him from scratch.... as fun as that sounds... his ex had been very rough on him, and I wasn't sure I felt like dealing.

Right now I'm not sure that my feelings about dating and house hunting are very far apart... I'm pretty petrified of commitment. I've been in a fairly monogamous relationship with my flat for almost 4 years but we're not legally bound. Been out of a serious romantic relationship for close on 3 years.... not sure how I feel about changing that either....
BUT 30 approaches and certain things are pretty much expected. I'm not looking for advice, I think I'm just saying - it's all kinda hectic.


No comments:

Post a Comment