Thursday 11 October 2012

Oh just grow up!

I am a grown-up and have been for ages.... but don't feel like one.... and some people still treat me like I'm not... but then again some scamster called me a grown-up the other day: as in "My mom told me to ask a grown-up for help... I need R50 to get home.... I'm a student" but then in the same week the bouncer at Deco asked me if I was over 22? So I ask you, at which point do we actually become grown-ups?

When did I stop wanting to do it all myself? Think stubborn 16 year old swearing she is old enough to stay out till midnight. Now I wish my parents would just do all the crappy grown-up stuff for me! Buying toilet paper and electricity is SO LAME. I like having my own money to do with as I please, but goodness me, I wish it wasn't up to me to pay for EVERYTHING.

I really want my own flat, to paint pretty colours without a landlord threatening me... but do I actually feel like the responsibility of maintaining the plumbing??? Or paying for said paint? er.... NO. But it comes with the territory.

I found this article The 50 signs you are a grown-up and when I go through the list, its seems I'm only 25% grown-up.

I've got this down:
43.You like receiving gift vouchers
44.Work keeps you awake at night
38.You iron
11.Recycling
3.Paying into a pension
8.Being able to cook an evening meal from scratch
16.Doing your own washing
18.Planting flowers
12.Having a savings account
35.Making sure mum and dad are phoned at least once a week
26.Holding dinner parties
24.Being able to change a light bulb
14.Watching the news

I definitely don't have this down:
13.Knowing what terms like 'ISA' and 'tracker' mean
19.Being able to bleed a radiator
34.Going to bed before 11pm
22.Keeping track of interest rates
33.Wearing coats on a night out
39.You wash up immediately after eating
42.Always going out with a sensible pair of shoes
21.Having a view on politics
47.Being able to change a car tyre
48.Being sensible enough to remove make up off before bedtime

Have vague chance of getting these down:
4.Conducting a weekly food shop
5.Written a Will
10.Having life insurance
23.Finding a messy house annoying
25.Owning a vacuum cleaner
31.Carrying spare shopping bags just in case

Copyrighted: Paine Family Albums

No comments:

Post a Comment