Monday 15 October 2012

Socially Awkward


Dietary restrictions are socially awkward… not drinking is fine, but wheat free? Over the last week I’ve had to decline so much wheat.

I’m busy with a “charity” project through church; we are painting the outside of a home for young guys. I helped with the prep on Saturday and a selection of muffins was presented as a tea-time treat – I was starving but had to decline.

I had to decline birthday cake and numerous yummy treats… the birthday cake looked amazing… seriously…. A sweet boy did dip a strawberry in the creamy icing for me… (Seriously a good move guys….)

Communion at church was a bit odd too, I suppose it would have been fine to partake, it wasn’t a meal… but I skipped the bread… it just felt weird.

Then comes the big one…. “When Someone Invites You Over For Dinner” – Do I say “no wheat please?” or awkwardly just take a chance? Not everyone I dine with is a close friend who understands my insane challenges. For 5 years I had to tell hosts that I don’t eat meat, is wheat such a bit deal? I know I should avoid it, but I’m not that sure that I feel better for it this time?

I still need to think about my diet going forward… no carbs after 4pm or no carbs during the week are two options to try out next month – but it’s difficult either way.

Maybe it’s my negative flu vibes, but I’m more than over this month’s challenge….


No comments:

Post a Comment