Wednesday 29 July 2015

Grown-up Vibes : Day 63 #100daysofwriting

When I find myself in times of trouble.... poetry from my childhood comes to me.

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:"
 
- Rudyard Kipling 

Life isn't all easy. I make bad decisions. I oversleep, overcommit, overeat but I hardly ever overreact. 

For most people, tantrums stop after childhood, they learn to act rationally. This didn't happen with me, or maybe I just pushed down the urge to freak out more effectively at 3 than at 23. 

Now I'm pushing 33 and I'm glad to report that the whole process of cleaning up my act, working a program and finding God in an authentic way - well I've emotionally matured. I did wonder today if I don't miss all the crying and screaming... I'd be the only one, I think everyone around me is glad that the emotional hurricane has shrunk to an occasional annoying breeze. 

Anyway, just some thoughts on how things have changed in the last two years and new hope for the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment