Friday 3 July 2015

Innocence Revisited : Day 37 #100daysofwriting

I had such a lovely day today with family who are visiting CT. I think the highlight was hanging with my 3 year old cousin. (In the broad sense of cousin, think cousin's kid scenario)

I love that age and really wonder if my inner child didn't stop growing at 3. So much to learn and say and see.

We explored the garden. I tried to teach her the names of certain plants - like "black-eyed Susan" - and showed her how to identify ripe gooseberries, although she was very into picking green ones just to show me that they weren't ripe. We checked out bunnies and fish. We stood quietly to hear the birds in the trees. We laughed a lot.

We even went for a beach walk which was very exciting and a total work out of me! I think we could have both been inducted into The Ministry of Funny Walks! We twirled. We ate ice cream. We held hands.

And at the end of the day? She'd learnt to say "Are you crazy?"  and not a single plant name. I'm still proud.

As a side note there were many adults around too, deep conversations were had, but I got to have a toddler play date and it made my day. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment