Tuesday 28 July 2015

Dancing Sober : Day 62 #100daysofwriting

I've never had much of an issue with dancing in public - be it at a wedding, in a club, in my kitchen (ok less public) or the cereal aisle.

I honestly don't care if no one else is dancing, I've never had to be drunk to dance - if I'm not dancing at a party then either I'm pretending to be a wimp like everyone else, or the music is horrible.

I have always rolled my eyes at people who say they need another drink before hitting the dance floor. Now that I'm sober I'm actually a better dancer - maybe it's the improved balance.

Anyway, as I was busting an electric slide in my kitchen this evening to "Uptown Funk", I felt truly happy. Happy to be sober, happy to be dancing, in my own kitchen. Life is very busy and I relish small joys like this.

May you always be able to dance, wherever, whenever, even sober and alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment