Sunday 12 July 2015

Anubis & Other Fancies : day 46 #100daysofwriting

Our family took a little excursion to the Tutankhamun exhibition that is currently at Grand West.

Mom was in her element with all her twelve year old fantasies coming true - love sharing experiences with passionate people!

I sat down at one point and contemplated multiple layers of protection covering the mummy. Three shrines, a stone sarcophagus and three gold ones. All seven levels back tightly like Russian stacking dolls and I'm not very sure how he got in there in the first place, nor how archaeologists got him out without smashing everything.

I can't imagine knowing that my body would be hidden away like that, even if I believed I'd be passing to another life. I certainly would be appalled to know that 3000 years after my death that some one would dig me up and examine my remains. They unwrapped the mummy for goodness sake! It's all really interesting but goodness me!

Admittedly when the model of the mummy only went down to "pre-unwrapped stage" I did start looking around for a photo or replica of his true mummy face!

I also really loved the statues of the gods found in the tomb... Could do some seriously trendy decorating with some of those pieces! I'm totally obsessed with a statue of Anubis.

Go see it if you get a chance xx

No comments:

Post a Comment