Sunday 26 July 2015

Biscuit Bandits : Day 60 #100daysofwriting

I have the privilege of a special connection with my friend's 3 year old daughter. We really are extremely silly together.

This morning we set off to hunt down the chocolate biscuits that are served with post-church coffee. We both have a penchant for these treats.

Alas we were too late, but I know they keep stock. Like a couple of seasoned con artists - Little One slipped into character with a pout, and I asked the team on duty if they didn't perhaps have an extra biscuit... Obviously I managed to wangle one for me too.

As we walked away from the counter, the following conversation goes down:

Little One: Why do they keep the biscuits in that drawer?

Me: You noticed that too?

Little One: (nods)

Me: So, here's the plan. You create a diversion and I grab the biscuits.

Little One: (giggles)

Me: So you grab your leg and say "Ow, ow, my leg" and then everyone will run to you. Then I can get to the biscuits.

For the record, we didn't go through with our caper. However, a little while later when someone spoke to her about biscuits...

Little One: I know where the biscuits are... In the drawer... I just hold me leg and say owowow

I should be ashamed that I'm a bad influence... But I'm really so proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment