Friday 24 July 2015

I should be writing : Day 57 #100daysofwriting

 
So I totally did not do my post yesterday. My nose was blocked and my head hurt, and no I’m not sick ALL the time – I just have allergies and my grind plate makes it worse because it forced me to be a total mouth breather. So much of the excuses hey?

I should be writing. I am a writer. Writer is the good label that I apply, instead of depressed-alcoholic-single. So why don’t I want to write sometimes? Maybe because I end up complaining to an audience, as above. I have the opportunity to submit some freelance blog posts and I STILL haven’t done them. I think I’m afraid of wasting my time, but I don’t get paid to write this blog, so what should it matter if I write articles that are rejected? Surely all creatives run that risk? They should create for the sake of creating first and money second? It really doesn’t feel like that though, which is irritating.

Affirmation and praise is another driving force. I get some sort of affirmation by the number of hits I get on my blog, but really don’t know if anyone actually enjoys the majority of my posts. I have readers all over the world and that confuses me too – who are you? Yes, you, Dear Reader. What brought you to my blog? No, really, write a comment and tell me. I moderate my comments so if you ask me not to publish it, I won’t, just tell me! It would really help my motivation and confidence as a creative.

So… write to me, ok?

xxx
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment