Thursday 18 June 2015

Brain Drain : Day 21 #100daysofwriting

I've felt drained for weeks and frankly, I'm tired of it. I'm not good about taking vitamins and I like the idea of fresh source nutrients, so I dusted off my juicer.

I grabbed 5 of my favourite ingredients and started with a beetroot-apple-carrot-lemon-ginger combo.

Beetroot is the kind of vegetable I've avoided most of my life - but it makes a great juice. Full of iron and claiming to aid recovery after a work out, its a winner. And really does help with exercise recovery!

Apples keep the doctor away... And anyone else if you aim right... But seriously, sweet but lower in kljs than other fruit - grey ingredient.

Carrots are full of vitamin A for crazy eye health - need I say more?

Lemon is full of vitamin C and always top of the pops for detox drinks. Juice with the skin on for a tart flavour! So fresh!

Ginger puts the zing in your blood and aids digestion.

I've got enough juice for a glass tomorrow morning - think I will add a dash of cayenne pepper to really get my motor going!

Here's to a healthy winter! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment