Sunday 21 June 2015

Lucid Dreams : Day 24 #100daysofwriting

I've been really ill with stomach flu for three days now, maybe even four, but in bed for three. It hurts so much at times, even though I have these magic stomach cramp pills.

I'm a pretty vivid dreamer under normal conditions, but add medication and we have a Hollywood block buster on our hands.

Years ago I watched a movie about lucid dreaming, where the dreamer can essentially control their dream. I've googled it and am pretty sure it was called "The Good Night". I remember very little of the actual story - lots of white, a beautiful girl - but what stuck was the technique of looking at your hands while in a dream. I think it's supposed to ground you so you can make decisions in the dream. I've actually done that in my dreams.

Anyway, without specifically trying, I've managed to get some control over my dreams. There is a big house that shows up often in my dreams. There is a huge library on the top floor, so I make sure that I get upstairs during my dream.

A few sleeps ago (note: I've been sick in bed and sleeping every few hours) I didn't like what was going on in my dream, so I lay down in the dream and pushed my shoulder into the floor. I woke up straight away.

Sometimes I have such realistic dreams that I can feel physical contact. This really sucks when I ask someone to pinch me to prove I'm not dreaming, while in the dream. It's not nice to be convinced of a reality, only to wake up.

I really enjoy being a dreamer and remember a fair amount. Some of my recurring dreams I'd prefer to drop - like the work dreams where we keep moving furniture around the office. Or the neighbour disputes, I'm glad my real neighbours aren't as weird.

On that note, off to dreamland I go...

No comments:

Post a Comment