Tuesday 9 June 2015

Guilt Trip : Day 13 #100daysofwriting

The sniffles defeated me and I couldn't conceive of leaving my bed. I answered some mails and delegated some tasks, but I mostly slept today. I'm pretty sure that the point of a sick day is to sleep. So why do I feel so guilty?

Why?

I've also sworn to be back in the office tomorrow, guns blazing.

What am I trying to prove?

I still haven't made a move on any freelance writing. I feel frozen to the spot. Paralysed by self doubt. Did I see a sick day as an opportunity to start? I slept, I barely had enough concentration to watch a whole episode of series. Why am I beating myself up for resting when I clearly need it?

I suppose all I can recognise is that I'm a rather silly human, and go to sleep again.

No comments:

Post a Comment