Monday 1 June 2015

Winter Lover : Day 4 #100daysofwriting

Hi all
 
My earlier attempt at a post was awful and it deleted rather easily... So here are some of my late night musings.
 
Winter time is good. I think of layered clothing that narrows the gap between hipster chic and hobo. We all end up looking like little hobos in Winter. You disagree? Look at yourself in your over sized beanie, are those fingerless gloves and a long trailing scarf? In cold desperation did you ignore all concept of matching? Your only option is to stick to neutrals - grey, black, brown, cream, navy and a pop of burgundy. Really, now we all match - uniform hobos.
 
The next aspect is romance. I'm even guilty of sniffing out affection in the cold months. Romance is built next to fires, with layers hiding your hot cross bun rolls - am I the only one who feels that Easter marks the end of carb restrictions? In the Southern Hemisphere at least, I would imagine that Thanksgiving rings in the end of diets in the North?
 
The prospect of romance may even encourage you to brave the rain to hit a yoga class. You may even feel compelled to tame your leg hair in their undercover months and therefore making the Springtime grooming less of a lawn mower affair.
 
Is this post about to romance? Goodness me. Old flames and discarded Summer Loving Prospects are popping out of the woodwork at a rate directly proportional to the dipping mercury. What to do? I've pledged allegiance to rusks for the last two months and I'm starting to look like a traditional Ouma Buttermilk rusk - pale and chunky. Mmmm, I actually sound like the perfect thing to curl up on the couch with; blankie and cuppa as my back up singers. Could I, with my rusk-like physique be the perfect winter companion?
 
(I need to break into a grin here)
 
I will keep you updated on my search for the perfect winter companion - don't be surprised it just turns out to be Arizona.
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment