Sunday 28 June 2015

L&T : Day 32 #100daysofwriting

I've mulled a lot of world issues around in my head over the last few days and found myself really wanting to publicly respond in some way. I'm also afraid because I can clearly see that certain people close to me might misunderstand. I'm not looking to upset anyone, or attack, but rather remind anyone who reads this of some universal truths.
 
Asked the question: Is there something wrong with the world and what will fix it? I found myself agreeing that there is much wrong with the world. I really do think that love and tolerance are the answer.
 
What would that look like? Well first, promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate. Honestly, people can't go around claiming that another's race, gender, religion, nationality, eating habits and sexuality, are causing them harm.
 
Two adults in love will not hurt another couple in love, if their love is honest, as love needs to be. Cheating and lying are not honest and someone isn't being loved in that equation, so don't even talk about that.
 
Intolerance over someone's choice to fast, shave, meditate, worship, love, draw, sing, write, speak... Where is the love? Where is the tolerance? You need to sort out your own house and figure out why you are so obsessed with your neighbours.
 
Healthy debate is good when both parties are heard. You don't win or lose in a conversation, this isn't a trial. You don't have to agree, you don't need to blame. Just last night I expressed my opinion over something, was heard and my opinion acknowledged, in turn I listened and acknowledged their opinion, I left the conversation with a different perspective.
 
I hate to even ask this, but please don't tell me I'm wrong. I will listen to your perspective, but hold up the principles of love and tolerance against any opinion you have. Love is not lustful, murderous, depraved, and harmful. Yes it can hurt, but it will not harm.

No comments:

Post a Comment