Sunday 21 June 2015

Princess Me : Day 25 #100daysofwriting

I really got lucky in the sibling stakes. My brother is really awesome.
 
We've both been ill this weekend but I definitely got hit worse. I haven't been this sick in a long time. We did our best at looking after each other - taking turns to get supplies, lifting the maid, hanging laundry (don't even ask why the maid wasn't involved with laundry) - and made it through.
 
Today we'd arranged family lunch out to celebrate Mom's birthday, which is tomorrow. It is Father's Day too. Getting up and dressed in something more stylish than leggings and a hoody was really not easy for me. I felt bloated and pale. Nothing felt right on my body. Brother came to the rescue and basically made me feel like my insanity was justified. He just listened as I lamented that my eye shadow clashed with my shirt and that I looked like a man.
 
He managed to get me out of the flat feeling vaguely attractive and munching rescue remedy. Who gets social anxiety about a family lunch? My family is actually lovely.
 
Of course the restaurant lost our booking... But found us a table. Then came the mammoth task of deciding what to eat after three days of bland food. I actually teared up and the waiter got a little worried. My family took the insanity in their stride and I ate more rescue tablets.
 
Lunch was great and we even got a chance to get some sun. Then I gratefully crawled back into bed and napped.
 
Anyway, while Brother was out at church I woke up and managed to cook some food for lunches, washed up and made myself a juice. I think I'm much better now. The whole cook and clean routine is actually my usual test the night before I go back to work post illness.
 
Anyway, glad I have an awesome brother and lovely parents.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment