Tuesday 23 June 2015

Treat Yo Self : Day 27 #100daysofwriting

Rain is bucketing down outside, and suddenly remember that someone told me that Wednesday will be cold.

I'm trying to fill my body with vitamins, my mind with positive philosophies and I'm trying to flex my creative muscles. I supposed I'm not trying, I'm doing.

I also realised lately that I was slipping into a lazy slump with girly stuff - like nails, shaving, moisturising, and fussing with hair. Don't get me wrong, my hair is always clean, nails short, no one is seeing my legs in Winter, nor my toes, I'm clean, clothes are usually on point.... But no fanciness around self care.

I'm not a girly girl, although I've gone through some make up, heels and dangly earring phases. So what is going on now? I'm starting to feel like a tomboy... Or am I lazy?

Anyway - since being ill I've upped the pretty - surprise surprise it doesn't take much time to make a little effort and I'm feeling better for it. I suppose its a type of love towards yourself? Caring for yourself?

People told me I looked pretty today... Was it the eyeliner? The scarf? Or maybe because I actually showed myself some love? I think this could be the beginning of a great romance :)

No comments:

Post a Comment