Saturday 10 May 2014

Turkey... and all things Turkish #100creativedays Day 17

So, once upon a time, a great love travelled to Turkey for work and spent two months there. He brought me a Starbucks mug.

Years later I touched down in Istanbul for a stopover enroute to London. I'd left winter behind in CT and stepped into a sweltering 27 degrees, at 5am local time! I didn't get to leave the airport to explore, maybe one day I'll go back properly. I can tell you that their Starbucks is expensive!

Then, tonight, I managed to acquire a Turkish admirer... Who was shocked that I was drinking water in a bar. He was quite adorable and followed us to the next bar, his poor friend in tow. What can I say? I thought I'd lost my mojo or capacity to even fancy someone. The attention was sweet. I even feel bad that he won't be able to get hold of me because the number I gave him started with a zero instead of a plus... I was in a hurry... I only realised when I didn't get his misscall.

Home and longing for a huge cup of tea, I grabbed my trusty "big mug" and smiled at the irony... "Turkey" emblazon across it.

No comments:

Post a Comment