Monday 12 May 2014

A dreadfully boring post #100creativedays Day 20

"I hope you will go out and let stories, that is life, happen to you, and that you will work with these stories… water them with your blood and tears and your laughter till they bloom, till you yourself burst into bloom."
- Clarissa Pinkola Estés

I've had a weird virus since Saturday, it's so extremely boring, this is the second time I've caught it this year. It's like flu, without the snot... So it's just nausea, dizziness, headache, aches and weakness. Am I the only person who prefers illness with snot or vomit? Anyway, this isn't about my virus.

Being stuck in bed, with so little energy that my heart pounds when I walk to the bathroom, has made me grumpy, complacent and down-right selfish. I feel let down by my body. I feel so irrational in my expectations of myself, of other people. Like a Prince Charming will come and make me feel loved and happy? That someone will turn up with flowers and soup? That I am surely wasting away in my bed. Then I start thinking about all the things I want to do, all the things I haven't done, that my life is empty and boring. Why do I feel so bored? It is because I physically can't do much now? I'm such a drama queen...

Ok, post over... I'll try be more fun tomorrow. Sick days are just very lonely :(

No comments:

Post a Comment