Sunday 11 May 2014

Family! #100creativedays Day 18

this counts as Saturday's post in the #100creativedays

My sweet little cousin-niece AM turned 1 this week and we celebrated yesterday. My tummy decided to freak out before we even arrived, so I rode a big nausea wave all afternoon and maximised on kid love.

On my mom's side of the family I have 3 boy cousins (men now I supposed!) Who in the space of less than 2 years, have all acquired a kid! I'm loving it, kids equal more family gatherings, equal a chance to play on the floor, they just bring so much good!

TK is the most stylish little boy, 21 months and been breaking hearts since birth. AM, just turned 1, angel face blondie with a naughty smile and infectious giggle. And the little champion AR, born very early and almost 4 months now, she is perfection and I'm hoping her eyes stay blue like her great granny's eyes (happens to be my exact shade too!).

Adore their parents too, especially their mommies who are not my blood but feel like they could be. You know the nightmare of someone being brought into you family or friend group who you can't stand? I gots 99 problems and that ain't one! My cousins have good taste!

Then a little mushy focus on my immediate family - my folks and The Squire. I'm blinking lucky, not just because my mom's been lifting me around like a legend this week, or because Squire turned into a tiny nurse yesterday to look after me, or my dad, the amazing man who seems to have revived my car AGAIN! But I'm blinking lucky.

I am so glad that my family is so close. Even cousins who I barely see and where we're rubbish at communicating. When we're together, we fall in step and it's like we were never apart.

Xxx

Go hug a family member damnit!

No comments:

Post a Comment