Monday 26 May 2014

Please Don't Date Me #100creativedays Day 34

I've dabbled in my fair share on Online Dating, dated a man or two based purely on his biceps, and at least one foreigner.

Ok, foreigner aside... Spell check much?
I am not a 12 year old girl, you are not a 12 year old girl, why write messages to me in the broken excuse for English that is "sms\chat\whatsapp speak"?

No, I do not want to "chat nawty"... with that spelling... I do not want to communicate with you at all! What? You reply with "thort u kewl"

I once went on a date with a guy who besides being a stingy tipper, sent me this joke (spelling as is):

"Wot did the pencil say to the cumpus? Make the sirkle bigger"

Every fibre of my being screams. Is it THAT difficult to spell correctly? To throw a logical sentence together?

there vs their
your vs you're
practice vs practise (ok, lesser known)

I understand small mistakes: sometimes we type too fast, on the run, drunk, half asleep... But if you're completely incapable, in this age of spell check and autocorrect... Please just go... This girl sure as heck ain't interested!

"If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get spell check..."

No comments:

Post a Comment