Wednesday 21 May 2014

A Sweet Escape #100creativedays Day 29

I've decided to take a holiday in my mind to my dream life because quite frankly, real life is getting a little too real...

"Dear Lucy

I'm currently sitting on my veranda, watching a gentle breeze nip at my olive trees. I've just got back from riding my newest horse, Phoenix. He's a pinto and looks like he galloped straight out of an old Western. He's such a gentle soul and a very comfortable ride.

I've recently taken to making jam. I've had a few hits and misses, more hits than misses mind you! I managed to make the most delicious lemon and lime marmalade - it's very tart but is amazing on flapjacks. I'm hoping to try my hand at apple-cinnamon jam. I'm finding these recipes in an old family cookbook I found at the manor library. Apparently Heath's grandmother was quite the cook back in the day and known for her passion for invention in the kitchen!

I can't wait for my girls to be old enough to start baking with me. They've just started walking and you can see their distinct personalities coming through. Kaite is definitely more adventurous and I sometimes feel like I should cover the whole house in bubblewrap. Lola seems to be more curious and seems to pick up small skills faster. Lola seems to have inherited Heath's brown curls, while Kaite's hair is blonde and straight but almost vertical most days! I love my little monsters so much. You always said I'd end up with twins.     

I'm managing to write my next novel - I'm not giving anything away but it's worlds apart from my earlier work. The girls have really got into a routine now and I have a great au pair who comes three times a week. Heath also has special "daddy time" scheduled every Sunday afternoon. Motherhood is not easy, but I'm enjoying it so much.

How are your renovations going? I'm in the market for a good contractor - we're planning on converting the attic into a studio for Heath. It's long overdue and will mean that he can work from home some days. I still have my little safe haven in the garden cottage.

Talking about the garden, you should see the size of the azaleas you gave me! Your green thumb magic must have rubbed off on them because they're taking over my garden!

My darling, I must sign off now, but I'll see you next month at your garden party.

All my love
Sharon"








No comments:

Post a Comment