Tuesday 27 May 2014

Why I don't want to date you #100creativedays Day 35

Close on the heels of yesterday's post... I ask you, what do you bring to the table?

Again... I've rubbed shoulders not only with the illiterate, but the down-right-inappropriate. This might sound horrifically judgmental, but why would I, a 31 year old with property and 10 pensionable years of work under my very stylish belt, want to date a 19 year old Butlers Delivery Boy? I did that when I was 19 and it was beneath me... Ok, ok, the particular guy was doing that as his JOB, not as pocket money while studying Rocket Science.

But back to present Butler, yes, he found me online. His reply to "we're not in the same life stage" was met with "I want to get married and have kids too!" - aw, bless... No. Judging from his photos, Butlers doesn't pay enough for him to buy a shirt let alone nappies.

The notion of a man supporting a woman 100% financially is seen as old fashioned... How do we see a woman supporting a man 100% financially? Not fashionable... As in, a woman would have no money for fashion... I fail to see the draw card...

Then we get the guy who at close to 40, does not own a car for some hippy reason - he rides a bicycle, and doesn't really like to be more than 500m from his home. His idea of a first date is "come over and cuddle on the couch" - eeep, NO.

I have no intention of being the primary chauffeur. No. Been there, done that, had my driving criticized within an inch of my sanity...

The men with cars and property seem to be old enough to be my dad - I do not want step children old enough to have matriculated with me!

Whilst still a vegetarian I went on a few dates with a guy who worked for KFC. Yeah... That made sense.

I do have a checklist of sorts, I don't deny it, I think it's important. Surely a tall, Christian, early 30s, car owning, job having, intelligent, single, straight man exists in Cape Town? Oh and please let him be sort of attractive...

No comments:

Post a Comment